Discover and experience the “City of Gentle People”
Dumaguete City is a 3rd class city and the capital of the province of Negros Oriental. It is labeled as a “university city” due to the presence of four prestigious universities and several other colleges where students from the Visayas and Mindanao area attend their tertiary education. The city is also known to be populated by “gentle people” because of the warm hospitality being shown and practiced by the locals. Get the chance to discover Dumaguete City in this Half-Day City Tour.
- This tour will bring you to the following destinations: Silliman University, Anthropological Museum of Silliman (during weekdays only), Claytown Pottery, Paseo de Rizal, Freedom Park, Sidlakang Negros, and the Cathedral of St. Catherine of Alexandria.
- A side trip can also be taken to the landmarks of either the town of Valencia or the town of Bacong.
- Lab-as Seafood Restaurant is popular for serving fresh fishes, crabs, oysters, and other native delicacies. Lunch awaits here for tourists.
- Inclusions for this tour are entrance fees (where applicable), a tour guide, and air-conditioned transportation.
- Free pick-up and drop-off will also be provided to any living accommodations within Dumaguete City. Additional charges apply for pick-ups or drop-offs outside the city.
- A discount will be given to children below 12 years old.
The duration of the entire tour would take approximately 4-5 hours and the suggested time for pick-up is 9:00 in the morning. A 10% surcharge will be applied on the following holidays: Holy Week, All Souls’ Day and All Saints’ Day (November 1, 2, and 3), Christmas Day (December 24 and 25), and New Year’s Day (December 30, 31, and January 1).
What to Expect
- Silliman University
- Silliman Anthropological Museum (except weekends and holidays)
- Rizal Boulevard
- Sta Catalina de Alexandria Church & Belfry
- Rolling tour of the city’s landmarks
- Provincial Capitol
- Claytown Pottery
- Aquino Freedom Park
- Public Market
- Sidlakang Negros
- Sidetrip to Valencia (Forest Camp, Cataal War Museum) or Bacong (San Agustin Church, Negros Oriental Arts & Heritage stonecraft)
- Lunch at Lab-as Seafoods
- 9:00 AM Pick up at your hotel
Silliman University Campus Rolling Tour
Silliman Anthropological Museum (except weekends and holidays)
Sta Catalina de Alexandria Church & Belfry
Rolling Tour of Public Market- Provincial Capitol- Aquino Freedom Park- Claytown Pottery
10:30 AM Proceed to Valencia
Cataal War Museum
OR Proceed to Bacong
Negros Oriental Arts & Heritage (stonecraft)
San Agustin Church
Return to Dumaguete
12:30 PM Lunch at Lab-as Seafoods
1:30 PM Back to your hotel
- Avoid crowds on weekends and Philippines holiday
- Please bring Extra bottled water
Bad Weather Policy
There is a possibility that tour will be cancelled due to unpredictable nature, inclement weather, and other environmental factors that are beyond our control. In such occurrence, you will be given the option of an alternative date or we will offer you a full refund.
Free cancellation up to 24 hours prior to departure time, otherwise will be based on our Terms and Conditions.
price per person varies by group size